Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Vodka & Caviar - OPI (Jelly Sammy)

Hi all!

Life is still crazy and busy and strange, but that's for another place, so instead let's just go straight to what's currently on my nails. I haven't done a jelly sandwich in a long time and it's just what I felt like doing recently…


OPI Vodka & Caviar, CrowsToes Maxxed Out, Jelly sandwich, swatch
This is OPI 'Vodka & Caviar' which was one of my earliest polishes (before I became crazy-polish-lady). I have always had a love for red polish, I think there are few things more wonderful than perfectly manicured red nails. I've been meaning to try this polish as a jelly sammy for a long time and I'm glad I finally did. I did 2 coats of 'Vodka & Caviar' followed by 1 coat of CrowsToes 'Maxxed Out' (aka my favourite glitter EVER!) and then 1 more coat of 'Vodka & Caviar'.


Both these polishes are easy to work with. 'Vodka & Caviar' is naturally a little sheer (being a jelly), but it builds really nicely and 3 coats was more than enough for full opacity (as seen on my ring and index fingers). 'Maxxed Out' is jam-packed with glitter so it is also easy to get the amount of coverage you want from it.


I love a jelly sandwich and I don't often think to do them. What are your favourite jelly sandwich combos?

2 comments :

  1. Hahah, I have really been trying to go through my polishes, to use them - if nothing else to use one (or more) as an accent or something. But then I like to settle down and put on my favorite red. There really is nothing like having a beautifully-done red on your nails!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!!! This is so pretty! I super like the color for I find it classy. Wearing this kiind of shade will def make any one look sexy and daring.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing all your comments and I read them all! Please don't leave links in the comments section, but if you want me to see your blog, email me the link and say hi :)