Saturday, April 27, 2013

Sugar Spun Fetish - Cult Nails (with Sinful Colors & China Glaze)

I decided to do some major study avoidance earlier in the week and the best way to do that was to try the sugar spun technique. I had already been wearing (and loving) Cult Nails 'Fetish' and that seemed like it would work as the perfect base. Let's start with 'Fetish'...


Fetish, Cult Nails

Fetish, Cult Nails
I have always loved the look of matte black polish but have never quite mastered using Essie 'Matte About You'. Lucky for me, Maria from Cult Nails created these wax finish polishes. I love that sort of rubbery waxy look of 'Fetish'. So different and pretty edgy if you ask me.



Fetsih, Cult Nails, Sugar Spun Nails mani, Sinful Colors, China Glaze
So here's my attempt at a sugar spun mani... I didn't top coat it because I think the texture of this is a big part of the look of it. Overall it went ok apart from that big old glob on my pinky nail. This was the last nail I did and I was gutted when I did that! Must have been rushing to get it finished. Oh well, I decided just to roll with it. The colours I used were China Glaze 'Splish Splash' and 'Surfin' For Boys' on my index and middle fingers and on my other two fingers I used China Glaze 'I'm With The Lifeguard' and Sinful Colors 'Dream On'.


'Fetish' was so easy to apply. I barely needed the second coat, as it's beautifully opaque. I had been a bit worried about the dry time seeing as you obviously aren't putting a quick dry top coat on top, but I was pleasantly surprised by how fast it dried. For the sugar spun technique I searched a lot of videos on YouTube and if you're wondering how to do it yourself, that's what I'd recommend. There are always lots of good tutorials. I think the main tutorial I used was one by xoxo Alexis Leigh.

Cult Nails polishes are available from the Cult Nails website for $12 USD.

2 comments :

I love hearing all your comments and I read them all! Please don't leave links in the comments section, but if you want me to see your blog, email me the link and say hi :)