Monday, October 1, 2012

Deep Space - Candeo Colors

I have for you today a polish that I don't think I have discovered the full potential of just yet... 'Deep Space' by Candeo Colors is a polish that looks absolutely amazing in the bottle but just wasn't quite what I expected. It is gorgeous, but I think it could be even more so. I have one coat over black in these photos.


Deep Space, Candeo Colors, swatch
'Deep Space' has a most wonderful emerald green to blue shift in the shimmer and it's this that I feel can be even more amplified over a slightly different base... Haven't quite thought of what yet but I will have to have a little play.



Deep Space, Candeo Colors, swatch
'Deep Space' has little holo hexes as well as larger ones. The little ones were easy to get enough on the nails, but I didn't mix my bottle really before i used it, so the larger hexes were a bit more few and far between. I didn't mind though.



Deep Space, Candeo Colors, swatch
This polish would be perfect for galaxy nails and speaking of which, I have made a mission (after a little push from the lovely Ally over at Reach For The Polish) to try galaxy nails when life gets a little less hectic :)


So there you have it. Like I said, gorgeous polish, no doubt about it, but I think maybe I'll try it over a navy blue or something. Maybe over something like a-england 'Lady Of Shalott'...

I purchased 'Deep Space' from Candeo Colors for $9, but it can also be purchased from Llarowe for $11.

Edit: I have taken a new photo of 'Deep Space' that much better shows the duochrome shift. This is over black again. (How freaking long were my nails before!!)


Deep Space, Candeo Colors,swatch
MMMMmmmmm I love that bright blue shift that you can see on the index finger. This does look awesome with other colours too by the way. I need to eventually take some pics.

8 comments :

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you :) I can't wait to try it with some other bases.

      Delete
  2. Gorgeous polish! It looks so great on your fingers. I had like all the Candeo polishes on my wish list but then just today somebody posted a picture of ones that she had since March- and the glitters had all bled and settled. ._. Now I'm wary!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mimi. Yea I have my eye on a few but I would be wary too after that! The large hexes in this and my bottle of jellybean sink badly but that doesn't worry me too much, bleeding on the other hand...

      Delete
  3. Wow, your swatch photos are fantastic! I like that color too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Lindsey!! It really is a pretty polish :)

      Delete
  4. Gorgeous swatches! Candeo never lets me down so I hope you can find a base for it that makes you love it more :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm not so much let down.. I think it's a gorgeous polish I just think it can look even better. I can see why you love candeo, they do have some amazing polishes :)

      Delete

I love hearing all your comments and I read them all! Please don't leave links in the comments section, but if you want me to see your blog, email me the link and say hi :)