Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Jelly Sandwich Take Two - Spank You Very Much - Dollish Polish & Care To Danse? - OPI

I did me just a little shopping over the weekend and I managed to pick up a couple of the polishes from OPI's just-released Germany collection (they are AMAZING!). I've never known NZ to get a collection so fast! I hope this is how it will always be in the future. For any Kiwi's, lots of pharmacies have a buy two, get one free deal going on at the moment. I also finally got a polish from the New York City Ballet Collection by OPI, so logically I had to do a jelly sanger ASAP right?! So here we go with my second ever jelly sandwich (how have I not done more of these mani's?)...




Spank You Very Much - Dollish Polish, Care To Danse? - OPI, Jelly Sandwich
I used a coat of OPI 'Steady As She Rose' to give a bit of colour under the jelly so I didn't need a billion coats (it is almost exactly the same colour). On top of that, I put one coat of OPI's 'Care To Danse?' followed by one coat of Dollish Polish 'Spank You Very Much' and finally two more coats of 'Care To Danse?' (I know, that's a lot of layers of polish).




Spank You Very Much - Dollish Polish, Care To Danse? - OPI, Jelly Sandwich
I love how this has a really soft, milky look. And I think 'Spank You Very Much' is the perfect glitter for this. This polish is so densely packed with glitter that you can have good coverage with one quick swipe. 'Care To Danse?' has a really pretty subtle pinky purple hue to it.




Spank You Very Much - Dollish Polish, Care To Danse? - OPI, Jelly Sandwich
This photo is taken under artificial, white light and the polish leans slightly more peachy pink on me. I think this is just because I am SO pasty! I love how pretty and feminine this mani is.




Spank You Very Much - Dollish Polish, Care To Danse? - OPI, Jelly Sandwich
Here's the macro so you can see just how amazing 'Spank You Very Much' is. I will have to definitely show you this one on its own at some point.



'Care To Danse?' really is very sheer, though nice and easy to work with.The thin coat of 'Steady As She Rose' just really helped to give it that little boost of colour and saved on several coats. 'Spank You Very Much' has a great formula for a glitter. As I said earlier, it is so dense so it's really easy to get plenty of glitter on your nail without having to use a really thick (or multiple) coats. I used fairly thin coats of 'Spank You Very Much' and I really like the coverage that gave.
I loved wearing this girly mani and I can't wait to try some other jelly sammies!

7 comments :

  1. This is seriously so flippin awesome!!! I need to start doing more jelly sandwiches cuz this is so cool!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Jacqui! I don't know why, but I always forget about jelly sandwiches (hence this only being the second one I've ever done), but I agree - more jelly sandwiches need to be done all! :)

      Delete
  2. This might just be the prettiest jelly sandwich I've ever seen. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Deb, thank you so much! I have to admit, I'm still wearing it and I really don't want to take it off :D

      Delete
  3. Hey, I've nominated you for a Liebster Award! love your blog, BTW!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing all your comments and I read them all! Please don't leave links in the comments section, but if you want me to see your blog, email me the link and say hi :)