Wednesday, August 29, 2012

It's A Me, Mario & Go Luigi! - Dollish Polish + Neon Gradient

It's definitely becoming more spring like here in Auckland and with the sun, comes a will to wear bright colours (actually who am I kidding, I never follow seasons). Anyway that sound like a good excuse to try something more with the China Glaze Summer Neons.




It's A Me, Mario! Go Luigi! - Dollish Polish, I'm With The Lifeguard, Splish Splash - China Glaze, Gradient Nails
I started with a bit of a gradient with 'I'm With The Lifeguard' (green) and 'Splish Splash' (blue). 'Splish Splash' isn't quite as opaque, so you can see the the green is showing through quite a bit under it on my middle finger. That's ok though, you'll see why in a moment. This is without any top coat, hence the funny texture from the sponge. As usual, I followed Sammy's gradient technique.




It's A Me, Mario! Go Luigi! - Dollish Polish, I'm With The Lifeguard, Splish Splash - China Glaze, Gradient Nails
Seeing as it appears no manicure is complete, these days, without a lick of glitter, I dipped into my vastly expanding collection of wonderful creations by Dolly and had to get out 'It's A Me, Mario!' with an accent of 'Go Luigi!' on my middle finger.




It's A Me, Mario! Go Luigi! - Dollish Polish, I'm With The Lifeguard, Splish Splash - China Glaze, Gradient Nails
I loved wearing this so much! So bright, fun and slightly obnoxious, just the way I like it. I couldn't decide originally what I wanted to wear 'It's A Me, Mario!' over, so I think it's good that I got to see it over both green and blue here. I also like the way that it's not immediately obvious that there's anything different about any of the nails, then you realise that one of them has green instead of red glitter. 'It's A Me, Mario!' and 'Go Luigi!' work so perfectly together.


The China Glaze neons, 'I'm With The Lifeguard' and 'Splish Splash', both are pretty effortless to apply. They are ever so slightly sheer and so I had to apply 3 thin coats, but it's worth it. Both glitters could have done with a little more shaking, but I was a bit too excited and so application wasn't quite as easy as it could have been. At the end of the day, just regular glitter application really though. I fished for one of the stars and got slightly over-zealous sticking it down - with the skewer that I used to mix the colours for the gradient! So the star on my middle finger is covered in green, but I promise you this is entirely my own fault and there is no bleeding of colour, or anything like that, with the polish.

China Glaze polishes can be purchased from Candy Girl (for the Kiwi's out there) and the Dollish Polish Mario collection can be purchased from the usual places - Dolly's Big Cartel Shop as well as Llarowe (and I've just now checked and they're in stock, so go quick!!).

2 comments :

I love hearing all your comments and I read them all! Please don't leave links in the comments section, but if you want me to see your blog, email me the link and say hi :)