Saturday, March 17, 2012

St Patrick's Day

Happy St Patrick's Day! I said earlier that with my new blog I would get more into the holiday spirit as far as my nails are concerned, so here we go...



I started with a base of 'Cha Cha Cha' from China Glaze's Island Escape collection for summer 2011. What a gorgeous green polish! It's primarily a metallic leafy yellow green with a yellow/gold duochrome effect. You can still notice a little bit of VNL (visible nail line) here with only 2 coats, but I was planning on sponging the tips so I wasn't too worried.



In shade, the gold becomes a little more yellow and everything tones down slightly. I really do love this polish. I love this colour for St Patrick's Day because my whole inspiration for this manicure was green and gold for the leprechauns and their pots of gold :) Which brings me to what I did for the final St Patrick's Day look...



I thought about doing the old stamping of shamrocks or something like that, but I didn't feel like doing something quite so obvious. So this is what I ended up with. It's a bit full on, but I think I like it, although it does also make me think of Christmas... Hmm...



It's like I dipped my fingers in the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow. For this, I sponged on Barry M 'Gold Foil' first on one third of my nails. Next I sponged on a-england's 'Holy Grail' on the tips and then I painted onto half of my nails, a layer of Butter London's 'Tart With A Heart'.



A photo taken in the shade shows you the cooler side to these polishes. Good thing is 'Tart With A Heart' doesn't seem to need much light at all to shine!


As for the formula... 'Cha Cha Cha' was really easy to work with. I was worried that brush strokes could be an issue but no need to have worried. It was fairly thin, but this really wasn't an issue either. I think a third coat would have been better had I been wearing this polish alone, but 2 was fine for this purpose and would be fine for shorter nails so VNL wouldn't be so obvious. I used Essie 'Good To Go' as my top coat and I think I could have done with a slightly thicker top coat as 'Tart With A Heart' has left a pretty gritty feel.

No comments :

Post a Comment

I love hearing all your comments and I read them all! Please don't leave links in the comments section, but if you want me to see your blog, email me the link and say hi :)